I get asked all the time. Well no, not all the time, but sometimes, or at least once I recall anyway, being asked how I manage to keep a daily blog going. Now as you can imagine, coming up with pithy, relevant, interesting and entertaining words every day can be a bit of a slog. It also does serious damage to my coffee and cigarette budget, so occasionally it’s worth speeding up the process. How do I do that I hear you ask?
Here they are then.
10 Ways To Zip A Blog Post In Less Than 60 Seconds.
- Grab any video from YouTube. Doesn’t matter which one really as no one is going to watch it anyway.
- Post some family snaps. If you have iPhoto it should take less than 30 seconds. Try and use baby or puppy dog photos to attract attention.
- Copy a really old poem or three. Really, really old so you don’t get into copyright problems.
- Post some of your witty Twitter comments. (You can even get a widget to do this automatically for you.) So cool.
- Search your hard drive for recipes. There’s always a couple hiding away. (Vegetarian preferably so you have less chance of offending anyone at all.)
- Just put the word ‘Apple’ in your title and simply ‘iPad’ in your post and watch the search engines listing your blog in microseconds.
- Re-publish a previous post. (Make sure it’s at least 3 months old as some of your readers may have good memory.)
- Post a song! Well, be careful here as audio tracks could get you into copyright problems and anyway, they look boring. So go to rule 1 and get a YouTube video of your favourite song.
- Keep junk email. Make use of the pests by copying some half interesting bit of text. (Perfectly safe as I don’t think spammers would copyright their crap?)
- Post an out of office message. (My favourite.)
So there you have it. Happy blogging!