If you have been following my blog, this story is probably worth a pass.
If you haven’t been here before you’re in luck. Why? Because today I want to do an update of my new career. That’s the one I have now because the last one died an awful, bloody and painful death in May this year. Similar in fact to the one before that. Another career that burst into flames overnight and self combusted in a puff of smoke before my eyes. I think I have set the scene for your here.
I am old enough to have had a few careers implode in dramatic fashion, so at the unfashionable age of fifty something, I decided to take the bull by the horns, ditch conventional wisdom, fly in the face of reality and become a multi-media-mega-star in the traditional manner of inducing an over night success for myself. Why? Well, after the huge number of rejections I received from applications for your run of the mill 9 to 5 job, I had to come to grips with the fact that maybe I was too old to be consider a human resource!
So, instead of suffering bouts of depression with every rejection letter, telephone call or email, I decided to do something where rejection would at least be fun! So here I am. Author, songwriter, poet, guitarist, singer and general day dreaming lay about. Now millions of people can reject me every day, and I don’t even know or care. Much less suffering on my part. I am left to day dream in a protected bubble.
That’s not to say I have not had some small snippets of success. So many in fact, I can make a list of achievements.
1. Earnings to date from Google Adsense: $0.90 (Payable when I reach $100.00)
2. Earnings from music royalties: $2.30 (Payable when I reach $100.00)
3. First book on sale here at Amazon. Sales unknown. Earnings report awaited.
4. Three CDs on sale here at Amazon. Sales unknown. Earnings report awaited.
5. Second book approved today for sale on Amazon in two weeks.
6. Third book almost ready. Probably late November.
7. Learned to use Twitter. (That was hard!)
8. Now know what html is.
9. Started writing my fourth book.
10. Improved my ironing, cleaning, dusting and shopping skills.
So there you have it. A remarkable list of achievements I believe in such a short period of time. Callback in a few months to check my progress.