So, back to the topic of the day; those little situations, people, things and events that really ‘P’ me off. Never huge cataclysmic things, usually small and hardly noticeable to many, but still extremely annoying nevertheless.
1. Mothers with prams or pushers who habitually find the need to attend to their babies attire while blocking the entire entrance to a shopping centre. As well as themselves, a pram and a baby, they are often accompanied by additional toddlers and a shopping caddie to provide extra blocking potential.
2. Fruit annoys me. Every time I go shopping, the beautiful display of fresh fruit gives me an instant guilt trip. So wanting to satisfy my desire to lead a healthy lifestyle I of course buy some. Then once home, I place all my beautifully fresh fruit in a bowl ….. and then naturally, leave them there to rot. Such a waste of money.
3. Cheap, pretendy book reviewers. These are a new and nasty breed of beast who, armed with an Amazon ‘Look Inside’ first half chapter, decide they can then write ‘honest and independent’ book reviews. These nasty little creatures probably belong on one of my more disagreeable lists.
4. Charging cables. Ever since the advent of the PC and then later the mobile telephone, this problem has existed. Why oh why do I need a different cable for every single device? It is environmentally catastrophic as well as being a nightmare to keep track of. For heaven’s sake, they all run on the same damn electricity!
5. App updates are the newest annoyance for me. Yes, it’s so cool having these wonderfully handy and useful apps on my phone and iPad, but after a couple of weeks you discover the curse of the ‘updates available’ icon. Is it just me who wonders why on earth they just don’t update themselves and leave me to get on with my game of Angry Birds?