AnnoyingOnce I completed my little list below, I had such a glowing sense of the therapeutic value of relieving myself of them that I had to go back up to the title and add, ‘Part 1’, as it gives me a great excuse to return to this topic again in the near future.

So, back to the topic of the day; those little situations, people, things and events that really ‘P’ me off. Never huge cataclysmic things, usually small and hardly noticeable to many, but still extremely annoying nevertheless.

1. Mothers with prams or pushers who habitually find the need to attend to their babies attire while blocking the entire entrance to a shopping centre. As well as themselves, a pram and a baby, they are often accompanied by additional toddlers and a shopping caddie to provide extra blocking potential.

2. Fruit annoys me. Every time I go shopping, the beautiful display of fresh fruit gives me an instant guilt trip. So wanting to satisfy my desire to lead a healthy lifestyle I of course buy some. Then once home, I place all my beautifully fresh fruit in a bowl ….. and then naturally, leave them there to rot. Such a waste of money.

3. Cheap, pretendy book reviewers. These are a new and nasty breed of beast who, armed with an Amazon ‘Look Inside’ first half chapter, decide they can then write ‘honest and independent’ book reviews. These nasty little creatures probably belong on one of my more disagreeable lists.

4. Charging cables. Ever since the advent of the PC and then later the mobile telephone, this problem has existed. Why oh why do I need a different cable for every single device? It is environmentally catastrophic as well as being a nightmare to keep track of. For heaven’s sake, they all run on the same damn electricity!

5. App updates are the newest annoyance for me. Yes, it’s so cool having these wonderfully handy and useful apps on my phone and iPad, but after a couple of weeks you discover the curse of the ‘updates available’ icon. Is it just me who wonders why on earth they just don’t update themselves and leave me to get on with my game of Angry Birds?

5 Things That Annoy Me (Part 1)

27 thoughts on “5 Things That Annoy Me (Part 1)

• 01/06/2011 at 5:42 pm

And that's just reminded me, I also hate those word verification things. I have The Wrong Kind of Eyes for those things, they're like the magic eye things, I never got those either.

• 01/06/2011 at 6:10 pm

Well Tracy, I think you've written part 2 for me. Maybe I'll just copy and paste for tomorrow! It's true what you say about pears, but everyone knows salads are necessary – to keep the compost drawer full at the bottom of the refrigerator!

• 01/06/2011 at 6:16 pm

Oh, I'm the worst offender of being over-optimistic about my fruit and vegetable consumption. It's doubly painful if you bought the fancy organic variety and then have to throw out the whole slimy mess after it rots!

• 01/06/2011 at 7:44 pm

Same for me Johanna. I ONLY compost organic fruit and vegetables in my refrigerator. :)

• 01/06/2011 at 8:06 pm

I assure you that the mothers you describe in annoyance #1 are equally as annoyed as you are. I feel a sense of annoyance just thinking about it. This is why I avoid letting my children out of their cages – kidding of course ;-)

I am in complete agreement with #2 and have a freezer full of overly ripe bananas to prove it.

These are my top 10 annoying public habits:Lala Musings: TEN ANNOYING PUBLIC BEHAVIORS – HUMOR

Great read – made me laugh!

Cheers,

Lala

• 02/06/2011 at 8:40 pm

I'll add mothers with prams who insist on buying the biggest tank of a pram for the smallest baby, then expect you to move out the way so they can take up all the room. That's if they can get on the bus in the first place…

• 02/06/2011 at 8:59 pm

Heh have to definitely agree with you about those annoyances. My personal favorite is the fruit. It has to be expensive, it's not like it grows on trees.

• 02/06/2011 at 9:10 pm

Yes, and they POLISH the fruit, to make it sparkle invitingly at you, and, when you get it home, if you do inadvertently take a bite it tastes like cotton wool – and that's before it's had time to hit its half-life.

Mind you, I do like cherries.