Well so what? There really isn’t that much difference between ten and eleven now is there? It’s not like we just clicked over a century or anything. Memories of ticking down the last minutes of 1999 are still clearly in my head. As I probably won’t make the next one in 2099, I suppose I should keep the memory safe and secure.So what does this New Year bring with it? For me it is the third year of my blog. I really must be a masochist. Another new book? Or two? Yes, well, ho hum, yawn. Another year older, another year wiser? Just older I think. Broken resolutions? Oh definitely. One thing seems to be clear though. I’m still answering my own questions.
Anyway, I think I might welcome this rather colourless and boring New Year by outlining my plans for the forthcoming twelve months. Here’s my list of ‘11 Things I Will Do in 2011’
1. I will work on my negativity. I really think I have become way too positive recently.
2. I am going to give up on giving up anything except phrasal verbs.
3. I must stop reading the news. It’s all becoming rather repetitive now.
4. I shall stop using the word ‘rather’ rather so often.
5. I want to rid myself of all sentences starting with ‘I’.
6. Methinks is to become my favourite irregular verb for 2011.
7. Methinks a paragraph or three of romantic interlude should make an appearance in my new book.
8. There will be no new contributions made to Apple inc. by me in 2011.
9. Even a new iPhone will not tempt me.
10. 2011 will be my sans Times New Roman year. Sick of the sight of it.
11. I promise myself that I will be rather careful in resolutely upholding my resolutions.